HBO/WO Workalong Internship Corporate Finance – ECM Syndicate
- ING Bank
- Banking, Financial services
INTERNSHIP EQUITY CAPITAL MARKETS SYNDICATE AMSTERDAM
ING is looking for an Intern Equity Capital Markets Syndicate, Amsterdam for a 5-6 months period. Start date in September 2019.
ING Equity Capital Markets (ECM) facilitates the link between ING Bank’s Global corporate/financial institutions clients and its institutional & Benelux retail investor base. It comprises equity and equity linked transactions distributed to ING Bank’s institutional and retail clients.
Products (equity solutions) covered by ECM include IPOs, rights/equity issues, secondary offerings, block trades, private placements, share buybacks and equity linked transactions. ECM provides specialist, technical support and analysis to clients in the short and medium-term development of primary equity mandates.
Equity Capital Markets Syndicate (ECMS) forms an integral part of ECM and the ECMS team is responsible for the market execution (and distribution) of Global ECM transactions. ECM has a syndicate desk in Amsterdam covering execution of ECM deals globally.
- Working within the ECMS team in Amsterdam with a focus on European high profile ECM transactions
- Supporting in particular in the areas of tracking the markets, preparing presentations, financial modelling, conducting research on industries, sectors and companies
- General ECM origination support, e.g. provide market intelligence reports, assist with pitches
- Communication with local equity research, trading and sales teams regarding Global transactions
- Assist in organisation of (pre-)marketing for Global ECM transactions
- Assist in organisation of pre-launch activities for Global ECM transactions
- Execution of share buyback and disposal transactions
- Deal administration for Global ECM transactions
Who and what we are looking for?
- Master or Bachelor (third year bachelor) student
- Young ambitious graduate with high interest in capital and financial markets
- Problem analysis and judgment
- High ambition / energy level
- Attention to detail (accuracy)
- Performance motivation (no 9-to-5 mentality)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Literacy skills
- Fluency in business English is required and proficiency in Dutch required
ING Corporate Finance
ING Wholesale Banking is the Corporate and Investment Banking division of ING Group. ING is the only Dutch bank with a strong international network in over 40 countries. Within ING WB, the Corporate Finance department is the primary point of contact for advisory relationships with corporates and institutional investors, leading the execution of high profile Equity Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions transactions. In the Benelux ING Corporate Finance is the absolute # 1 in both ECM and M&A. ING Corporate Finance adopts a sector-based approach, putting together client teams across borders to reflect local relationships and product specialists and to ensure the highest standards of transaction execution.
The internship includes a financial compensation.
Apply or questions?
Do you have any questions about the position within the ECM Syndicate department? Please contact Dagmar Brands on the contact details below.
Applications include your cover letter and grade lists from both university and secondary school are required next to your resume. Please send it to:
Equity Capital Markets Syndicate