Data Science Development Program
- Fulltime job
- Data Science, Financial services
As a Junior Data Analyst you will analyze all Aegon data and data from external sources. You will apply advanced analysis methods to create fact-based insights and algorithms that will provide direction to Aegon. This may include analyses of campaigns, customer value and other forecasting models, product development, pricing, customer processes and distribution. Your insights will provide us with the best possible understanding of what is important to customers and what appeals to them, as well as how we can optimize our processes and pricing. Your analyses will also enable us to quickly identify fraud. In a growing analytics team, you will work with different units within the organization (such as marketing, sales, pricing and finance).
About the department:
The Analytics & Pricing team is a close-knit, ambitious team. We have approximately thirty data analysts and we all work together for Aegon Nederland. There is a variety of backgrounds in the department with team members who are econometricians, economists, psychologists and physicists. However, we all share one passion: building models and algorithms, and deciphering data!
Our team is close-knit. We have lunch together and often take walks, go running or cycling together. Many of us are actively involved in Young Aegon – which organizes fun get-togethers, the Christmas gala and the annual ski trip. We regularly get together after work and have fun.
- You are an ambitious starter with an (almost) completed university course of study in econometrics, mathematics, physics, computer science, artificial intelligence or other science programs.
- You earn high marks, you preferably have gained experience from side jobs or activities, or you have completed an internship abroad.
- You have the ambition to develop programming skills (such as SQL, R, Python)
- You are a native Dutch speaker.
- You have good knowledge of, and experience with, analytical methodologies and technologies (such as GLM, segmentation techniques, random forest and decision trees)
- You are highly ambitious and you want to help us transform our company into a leading, customer-focused financial services organization
- You are passionate about solving complex problems, and you are capable of clearly communicating your findings to our departments.
What we offer
Together with MICompany we want to make you the best financial services data analyst in Data Intelligence. In addition, we offer:
- A good monthly salary of gross € 2900
- You will also receive a monthly, fixed 13th month and holiday pay in the form of a flex budget (16.7% of your monthly salary)
- 27 vacation days for a 38-hour work week (13 additional days for a 40-hour work week)
- The opportunity to take training classes or to follow study programs
- Appropriate reimbursement of commuting expenses
- Pension plan and a discount on Aegon products
We offer you a great entry-level job and a multi-year training program. During this time, you will work at Aegon Nederland, but you may also have the opportunity to work for one of our start-ups, like Knab, or at one of our international offices (Brazil, Singapore, Spain or the US). You will work in a team of enthusiastic colleagues, most of whom also have a background in science. Therefore, you will be able to learn a lot from them. You will be based in Leeuwarden, but you will also work in The Hague on a regular basis.
Aegon actively pays attention to your personal and professional development. Freedom and responsibility are high priorities at Aegon. This means that our employees are given plenty of space to take initiative and implement their own ideas. We believe that collaboration, performance and a good atmosphere are more important than status or hierarchy. We put a lot of emphasis on coaching and training, and we provide the basis for your success.
Can you hardly wait to start working with us? And, are you the data analyst or scientist in the making we are looking for? Send us your CV, cover letter and transcripts. Since you cannot upload the transcripts via this site, you can attach them to your cover letter or e-mail them separately to the recruiter. Assessments form a part of the recruitment process.
Are you interested in learning what else Aegon does? Read all about us under ‘over Aegon’. If you would like more information, you may contact Emily van der Werff, Talent Acquisition Manager, at 0683041623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.