Analyst Credit & Insurance Linked Investments
- Fulltime job
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Financial services, Quantitative Finance, Retirement & Insurance, Risk Management
- Vereiste taal
The analyst role in the CILI team is a very interesting position for a starter who is up for a steep learning curve with directly a focus on very unique investments, within an asset manager. Apply here.
The analyst role in the CILI team is an interesting position within an asset manager for a starter who is up for a steep learning curve. The CILI team is a mid-sized international team of experienced investment specialists which manages two unique mandates: Credit Risk Sharing and Insurance Linked Investments. Your role will be to work closely with the investment professionals in the team and learn on the job.
Your job consists of:
- Contributing to the analysis of new transactions and provide support of the day-to-day management of the team’s portfolios.
- Provide support in the transaction due diligence process.
- Producing high-quality reporting on our investments, including detailed client reports about the performance of the CILI mandates.
- Monitoring of a selection of existing investments, discuss performance and suggest actions
- Conducting various operational tasks related to the management of the mandate, including cash flow and collateral analysis
Your evolution in the job will depend on your skills, precision and ability to learn quickly. You will start with the Credit Risk Sharing mandate, where among other tasks you will be part of a deal team responsible for a new investment opportunity and as such you will be exposed to the various components of our investment process: quantitative analysis, due diligence, commercial and legal negotiation, relationship management. As you gain more knowledge and experience, your responsibilities will expand. By the end of the first year you will also start working on the Insurance Linked Investment mandate. This role involves close collaboration with different departments within PGGM, such as Risk and Operations.
Do you want to know what it is like to work as an analyst in the CILI team? Check this video!
Your department within PGGM
PGGM is a Dutch pension fund service provider responsible for managing the pensions for different pension funds, their affiliated employers and employees. With € 252 billion under management, PGGM is one of the largest pension fund investors globally.
PGGM is one of the leading global investors in Credit Risk Sharing and Insurance Linked Investments. The CILI team is responsible for investing around € 11 billion across the two unique mandates.
The Credit Risk Sharing mandate invests in credit risk sharing transactions directly with banks. The Insurance Linked Investments mandate invests in exposures to natural catastrophe risk, sourced by experts we partner up with. We invest worldwide and as a team we look to work together on multiple fronts for both mandates.
The Credit Risk Sharing mandate is to a large extent about understanding credit risk. The Insurance Linked Investments mandate invests in natural catastrophe risks. Having affinity, or perhaps experience, in assessing such risks will be very helpful. Most importantly, you are very curious by nature and eager to learn. You are also analytical and structured in your thinking. Attention to details, precision and affinity with numbers are all important features for this position.
The ideal candidate:
- has a degree from a Technology university, preferably combined with an Economics or Econometrics (Masters) degree
- has up to one year of working experience;
- enjoys quantitative challenges and is comfortable in formulating clear opinions;
- has strong analytical skills and is a fast learner;
- is precise and has attention for details;
- can write and speak in English fluently;
- is proficient in Microsoft Excel and preferably has some programming experience.
An additional (Masters) degree in Law would be viewed as a plus.
What we offer:
- the possibility to work in a professional working environment and in an ambitious and experienced team, with many different nationalities and a diverse pool of professional and academic skills;
- a steep learning curve and the possibility to develop yourself. We welcome and support advanced financial training such as the CFA designation;
- the possibility to learn about unique investments that are not commonly seen across asset managers;
- an international focus and intellectual challenge.
Want to know more?
More information? Contact Inez Crolla, Campus Recruiter by whatsapp (+31 (0)6 3240801) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When interested in the position, please include your gradelist to your application!