Working Student Financial Risk Modelling (FRM)
- Student job
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Consultancy, Data Science, Financial services, Quantitative Finance
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
Next level in Risk Management
As a working student you develop the best risk models you develop the best riskmodels for leading financial institutions in the Netherlands. In a short time you not only get to know many different financial models, you also develop them. These models help financial institutions to gain insight into their risk profile and into their customers.
You will be directly responsible and you will work together with your RiskQuest colleagues on projects at banks, insurers and pension funds. In addition to good compensation, we offer flexible working hours and a lot of substantive challenge.
How you describe yourself
- You are following a quantitative master in quantitative finance, econometrics, mathematics or a comparable technical study
- Interest in modeling or interest in applying your knowledge about econometric methods in business
- Basic programming knowledge in Matlab or SAS or Python or R
- You enjoy analyzing and solving new issues in a practical and creative way
- Initiative and independence. You are available at least two days a week
What we Offer
- Working in a highly educated, quantitative, young and enthusiastic team with an informal culture; your voice and vision contribute to the success of RiskQuest
- Participate in assignments for international banks, pension funds and insurers
- Further develop your knowledge of Matlab and/or SAS and/or R, by participating in data analysis, developing and reviewing market and credit risk models
- Knowledge of risk models; for example credit risk (PD, LGD, EAD Models) and/or market risk models (for example VAR)
- The opportunity to make a significant contribution to the assignments we do for our clients
- A competitive hourly rate, participation in fun team activities, and flexible working hours
We are a consultancy specialized in (risk) models for the financial sector. In an increasingly complex world, there is also an increasing need to manage risks. Models are an important instrument in this regard. Our services focus on all aspects of the use of models: data, model development, validation, policy and strategy. In recent years we have been able to build up an impressive customer base. We work for all major Dutch financial institutions. In addition, we are continuously expanding our services. We are a team of 50 ambitious individuals, almost all of whom have a quantitative background in econometrics, mathematics and physics. Mutual social contacts and an informal working atmosphere with a lot of individual freedom are important to us. You quickly become part of our close-knit team.